TPI streamlines test result recording
Test Products International’s single-input digital manometer pressure meter, TPI 608BT, now allows the heating engineer to record and e-mail let-by/tightness test results straight from their smartphone, providing proof of when and where each test was performed.
With the planned rollout of smart meters and gas safety concerns increasing, it is in everyone’s interest to ensure correct procedures are followed.
When fitting a new smart meter, installers are required to carry out let-by and tightness tests to ensure correct installation in accordance with the required regulations. However, with no way of proving these tests have been carried out, installers may come under scrutiny should a problem occur.
To aid installers in their testing and documenting of such tests, TPI has developed TPI Stream, an app that guides the heating engineer through the complete let-by and tightness test as defined by IGEM/UP/1B Edition 3.
The app automatically takes you through timings and pressure checks, and creates a report that can be emailed or printed from the smartphone, logging the exact time, date and GPS coordinates with the test results. Originally designed for use with the company’s 716 Flue Gas Analyser, TPI Stream can now be used with the 608BT single-input digital manometer.
The app is available free for Android smartphones, with the iPhone version in development.
- The device can either be used as a stand-alone manometer or can be connected to the free TPI Stream app to unlock its full potential as a recordable let-by/tightness test pressure meter
- When connected to the app, you can allocate various test results to a unique job reference
- The app will clearly show you if the readings fall outside the required permissible drop in the pipework-only test
- Provides proof of when and where the let-by/tightness tests were performed
- Easily e-mails out the test results, complete with a customer’s signature
For further details, visit www.tpieurope.com
Milwaukee continues to revolutionise cordless expectations with the introduction of new M18 FUEL drill drivers, hammer drills and compact impacts.
Cistermiser's Direct Flush is a water-saving infrared activated valve
FatMax professional mobile job chest