Harnessing renewable energy to heat UK homes
Heating homes with Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan air source heat pumps is now a viable and credible alternative to traditional heating, helping to combat rising energy bills through greater efficiency.
Ecodan uses inverter-driven heat pump technology to upgrade free, renewable energy from the outdoor air to deliver heating and hot water, even in temperatures as low as -25°C.
Alll SD card settings can be pre-loaded and simply inserted on site during commissioning. The SD card then logs performance data to help with fault finding. Hybrid control also enables Ecodan to work seamlessly alongside a traditional heating system to help reduce initial investment and deliver run cost savings, while the Ecodan Selection Tool helps anyone interested in the technology understand what it can do for them and their project and includes an RHI calculator. Meanwhile, MELCloud Wi-Fi control offers fast and easy mobile control and monitoring of the Mitsubishi Electric Ecodan system from anywhere in the world.
We are also investing in UK manufacturing; our facilities in Livingston, Scotland are the Ecodan manufacturing plant for all of Europe.
- Self-contained outdoor unit only requiring water and electric connections – no gas supply, flues or ventilation required
- MCS approved and qualifies for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- 5% VAT rating on capital and install costs
- Low noise levels; Ecodan has achieved the Noise Abatement Society’s Quiet Mark
- Both Split and Monobloc units available